Important Heart of the City Program Update
Covid-19 Information & Resources
The Lake County Health Department is monitoring the number of people in Lake County who have tested positive for COVID-19, and posts a daily update here.
- Need Help? Call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 United Way’s 211 Resource Directory connects you to a variety of services within the community, whether it’s food, housing, crisis help, and more.
- Community-sourced list of resources for undocumented communities - nationally and by state.
- ICIRR list of resources for immigrant communities.
- Lake County Heath Department has additional resources on how to get help and how you can help others.
- Meals for Families - Many schools and churches are offering free meals during this time. Use this interactive map and type in your address to find the nearest school serving breakfast/lunch.
- A Safe Place of Lake County- A Safe Place has a 24-hour crisis line, emergency shelter, housing, counseling and more for those impacted by domestic violence.
- Unemployment Compensation: The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) recently adopted emergency rules to try to make the unemployment insurance system as responsive to the current situation as possible. Learn more.
- The Illinois Department of Human Services’ Mental Health Division has launched a free-of-charge emotional support text line, Call4Calm, for Illinois residents experiencing stress and mental health issues related to COVID-19. Individuals who would like to speak with a mental health professional can text “TALK” to 5-5-2-0-2-0, or for Spanish, “HABLAR” to the same number: 5-5-2-0-2-0.