Important Heart of the City Program Update
Dear HOTC Family:
The Illinois Governor announced today (7/29) that changes in youth sports/soccer protocols will take place on August 15th due to recent Covid-19 infection rates statewide. With this news, we are suspending all soccer activities for the rest of the week. NO training tonight, Wednesday 7/29.
The HOTC staff will be meeting tomorrow to discuss these new developments and will communicate with everyone what the next steps are before the end of the week.
Yours in Soccer
Click here to read the full announcement from the governor.
Covid-19 Information & Resources
The Lake County Health Department is monitoring the number of people in Lake County who have tested positive for COVID-19, and posts a daily update here.
- Need Help? Call 211 or text your zip code to 898211 United Way’s 211 Resource Directory connects you to a variety of services within the community, whether it’s food, housing, crisis help, and more.
- Community-sourced list of resources for undocumented communities - nationally and by state.
- ICIRR list of resources for immigrant communities.
- Lake County Heath Department has additional resources on how to get help and how you can help others.
- Meals for Families - Many schools and churches are offering free meals during this time. Use this interactive map and type in your address to find the nearest school serving breakfast/lunch.
- A Safe Place of Lake County- A Safe Place has a 24-hour crisis line, emergency shelter, housing, counseling and more for those impacted by domestic violence.
- Unemployment Compensation: The Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) recently adopted emergency rules to try to make the unemployment insurance system as responsive to the current situation as possible. Learn more.
- The Illinois Department of Human Services’ Mental Health Division has launched a free-of-charge emotional support text line, Call4Calm, for Illinois residents experiencing stress and mental health issues related to COVID-19. Individuals who would like to speak with a mental health professional can text “TALK” to 5-5-2-0-2-0, or for Spanish, “HABLAR” to the same number: 5-5-2-0-2-0.